Buying a resale discount for sale home
Buying a pre-loved, or resale discount for sale home is an affordable way to get on the property ladder.
A discount for sale home is a property sold at a percentage of the market value. Unlike shared ownership, you own the property outright.
- Buyers unable to afford a home at full market value
- Low to middle earners living or working in the area wanting to get onto the property ladder
You qualify for shared ownership if:
- You don’t currently own a home or have an interest in a home
- You can’t afford to buy a home outright at full market value
At a glance
- When you come to resell your home you will need to apply the same percentage permanent discount. For example, if you bought 40% of the market value, you will have to sell 40% with the 60% permanent discount
- In some locations you will need to either live or work in the area to qualify
- You cannot buy additional shares in your home