Homelessness support model
We support customers who face homelessness and empower them to look after their physical and mental wellbeing. To find out more, get in touch.
We have been working with local authorities to deliver homeless services for over 80 years to go beyond putting a roof over customers' heads. We support people to achieve better long term outcomes.
Between April 2021 and March 2022, English councils helped more than 278k households with homelessness. This is up 16% from the previous year, and we're proud to be a part of that statistic.
The model empowers customers to better look after their physical and mental wellbeing, improve confidence and achieve independence.
In addition to recruiting high class support teams, we also employ clinicians both centrally and locally. This enables us to have a multi-disciplinary team in house, which may include
- Clinical psychologists
- Occupational therapists
- Mental practice nurses overseeing and supporting therapeutic interventions
We'll also deliver ongoing training and support practices.
Key benefits for our customers
We take a therapeutic approach that increases coping skills and resilience through a psychologically informed approach, overseen by clinical colleagues. Benefits include:
- Improved long term outcomes for our customers.
- Robust management of risk factors, and crisis resolution.
- A recovery focused approach that empowers people.
- Improved engagement with other health and social care services through stabilisation.
- Long term cost savings to commissioners and increased social value.
of customers reported an improvement in their mental wellbeing.
Our LIFE practice mode
Our clinical homeless model works alongside our LIFE (living independently, feeling enabled) support practice model. These principles provide colleagues with clear principles and domains to structure, support, and enable customers to achieve their best life.