Join our board
Whether you have board experience, are an expert in a specific field or first hand experience as a Home Group customer, we have a board position for you.
Being a member of the board
As a board member, you will be responsible for contributing strategic direction, support, guidance and constructive challenge to the Executive team. As well as for ensuring that the board fully discharges its legal and regulatory responsibilities. You will also work alongside other board members and the Chief Executive in representing us externally, and in influencing key partners and stakeholders.
What we are looking for in a new board member
Diversity is important to us and we are keen to hear from people from different walks of life on our board. We place a high value on lived as well as professional experience but overall we look for:
- A strong sense of social purpose, and empathy with our mission and values
- A passion for improving the lives of people and communities
- An understanding of the importance of high quality social housing and cares for the social and economic wellbeing of individuals, families and communities
- Proven ability to work at a strategic level, think creatively and challenge constructively
- Integrity and independent judgement alongside a commitment to the highest standards of corporate governance
- A commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion, supporting our goal of being a vibrant customer-focused organisation
- An ability to work as part of a team and establish positive relationships with a range of colleagues and stakeholders
You will have an understanding of the role of a board member ad some experience of working with a board, committee or governing body, though this need not have been as a board member.
Currently, we are particularly, though not exclusively, interested to hear from you if you have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Community support and development
- Environmental sustainability and net zero
- Customer service and inclusion
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Construction and asset management
- Health and safety
- Data and digital
- Strategy and governance
We're currently recruiting for both customer and non-customer board members
Becoming a Home board member
Find out more about becoming a member of the Home board.
Becoming a Home in Scotland board member
Find out more about becoming a member of the Home in Scotland board.