Selling your shared ownership home
A guide to selling your shared ownership home
You can sell your shared ownership home at any time...
...we sometimes call this a resale.
We'll help you sell your shared ownership home (unless you now own 100%), and whoever buys it must purchase the share you currently own or more. In other words, they can’t buy a lesser share.
Steps to selling your shared ownership home
While each sale is different, here's an example of the steps involved:
- Email our team and let them know you'd like to sell
- We’ll send you a pack with more information, including a form to complete
- Instruct a qualified Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS or FRICS) surveyor to determine the market value of your home. Remember, you’ll need to cover the full cost of this
- Email the valuation report and supporting documents to our team. Remember, valuation reports are only valid for three months. If you don't complete the sale within this time, we will need an updated report so it’s best to send it to us quickly
- Complete ID verification checks with us
- We put your home on the market
- You facilitate viewings for potential buyers at your home
- We assess and approve potential buyers of your home
- We provide notification of sale for both you and the buyer
- Our legal team work with your solicitors to finalise the sale
- Your solicitor confirms exchange and completion dates with you
- You’re ready to move!