|5 minute read
Brian’s budget bites: microwave sponge pudding
Written by Aimee Cavener, marketing advisor
Meet our customer Brian, he’s an avid cook and a Customer and Volunteer winner.
Brian has a passion for creating budget-friendly recipes, from this yummy sponge pudding to delicious bean burgers and more!
Let's get cooking
Microwave sponge pudding for two
You will need:
- 50g self-raising flour
- 50g margarine or softened butter
- 50g sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- Add all ingredients into a mixing bowl
- Add in any flavourings you would like, for example choc chops, dried fruit, chocolate spread
- Add the mixture to a greased bowl
- Place in the microwave and cook for 4 mins in a 700w microwave or 3 mins 30s in an 800w microwave
- Test with a skewer stick. If it comes out clean, then the sponge is ready to serve
- Serve with custard, cream, ice cream...the list is endless!