We believe that regeneration could make a real difference to our customers by providing quality homes, promoting social cohesion, wellbeing and self-dependence. We’re committed to working with customers, local communities and stakeholders to make sure these proposals meet customer and community needs.
- Meet the team
- Get in touch
About Cleator Moor
The Wath Brow and Priory Drive areas in Cleator Moor are housing estates made up of 362 homes: 244 affordable rented homes owned by Home Group and 118 privately owned.
The estate faces a number of challenges:
- Some properties are in a state of decline as a result of dated construction methods
- Some homes are poorly insulated and ventilated resulting in higher bills, condensation and damp problems for customers
- The mix of properties doesn’t meet the needs of the community
- There are poorly designed public spaces and links through to the wider area are inadequate
We’ve been exploring the potential for providing housing that better suits the needs of our customers and the wider community and we’re keen for all residents to have a say in this. We’ll be working closely with our customers, home owners, the local community and the council in order to ensure any proposals that come forward are best aligned with everyone’s involvement.
We are considering regeneration at Cleator Moore due to:
- the current level of investment required to maintain our existing homes
- the requirement for homes to match the housing need of our customers and the wider community
You may also like...
Douglas Bader Park
Find out about the regeneration plans for Douglas Bader Park and how we're keeping our customers involved.