If you live in a flat or maisonette, Home Group responsible for ensuring the whole building and any common parts are adequately insured at all times, including all necessary Public Liability Insurance. We therefore automatically arrange this for you.

Details of the insurance provider can be found within our Written Statement of Service, along with details of how the premium is calculated, any excesses and charges which apply. We will provide a summary of the key facts of the insurance policy annually but full details will be made available on request. 

If you wish to opt out of the block insurance policy and arrange cover for your own property yourself, you must notify us within 14 days of being enrolled into the block insurance policy and provide us with evidence of alternative adequate insurance, together with evidence this insurance is being maintained. 

Your insurance must cover a share of the common parts of the building/development of which your property forms a part.

In instances where you have arranged insurance cover for your own property, we must ensure that your cover remains in place at all times. It is your responsibility to provide us with evidence of this on an annual basis. If you fail to provide sufficient evidence to us timeously we will insure your property on your behalf and the whole annual fee will be applied to your account.