4women is based in the heart of Norwich and supports the women of Norfolk including the most vulnerable, 17 and above.
4women works closely with various partner organisations to provide advice, support and activities for women aged 17 and above involved in the Criminal Justice System including women who have served custodial sentences.
All clients must be referred or self-refer and complete an individual assessment and action plan. Referral forms and appointments can be requested by calling 0300 131 7983.
4women is open to clients 9.30am-4pm, Monday to Thursday and 9.30am-1pm on a Friday. The Centre is closed between 1.00 and 2.00 pm, unless for pre-arranged appointments.
- – One-to-One appointments are available daily with one of our Support Co-ordinators. We provide intensive one-to-one support sessions initially to help individual women to resolve immediate problems and signpost and refer into other specialist providers when required.
- - We work in partnership with the Matrix College of Counselling & Psychotherapy and Suffolk College who provide volunteer counsellors to deliver counselling sessions at the centre.
- - The Freedom programme is open to women who wish to learn about the reality of domestic abuse. It is open to any women who are affected by the impact of abusive relationships, whether they are still with the abusive partner or not.
- – Weekly activities to promote fitness and health. Varies week by week, so please contact 4women for up-to-date information.
- - held weekly for six consecutive weeks.
- – a popular group running each week to discuss current issues and a chance to give and receive peer support from women with similar experiences.
- - Relaxed, fun, supportive creative art workshops for women, to make friends and build confidence.
- - Coffee mornings are held on Monday and Wednesday mornings from 10am-12 noon.
- - We also deliver a selection of other programmes to support women – ring for up-to-date details!
4women is supported by local and national funding and utilises volunteers and college placements. If you would like to find out more about this please contact 0300 131 7983.
Are you interested in making a donation or discussing funding with 4women? Please contact the 4women Senior Client Service Manager, Rowena Hagger-Utting on the number above.